Getting Lucky Again This Year

 

Have you run Get Lucky - Chicago
It's a decent spring half marathon along the lake. Although, you never know what kind of crazy weather Chicago will have in March.


Last year, it was gray, freezing and super windy heading to the finish line. 

It was the first time I ran with a pace group. Some say pace groups aren't good, because they start too fast — at pace. Naturally, the start of a race is slower than pace especially if you're buried back behind the start line. I think you just need to know yourself, what you can do and make the call to pull back or ahead. 

It was one of those races where I was aware of every mile ahead of me - between the weather and pace, I was no doubt pushing the boundaries of my comfort level. And look where it got me . . . it was my fastest 1/2 marathon to date.

We're going to run it once again March 15th

I hope we get lucky with a beautiful, sunny, (at least 45°) morning. And another PR :)

What races are you signed up for this spring? Will you run with a pace group?

Sign up for Get Lucky half marathon or 7k here.



No comments:

Post a Comment