Running Log - Benched

[sketch from den10studio - maybe this should be my next print!]

I am the type of person who truly believes you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Then I am taken aback when I realize I physically can't do something.

Like singing.

Horrible.

And let me tell you, I have tried and tried and finally accepted I can't carry a tune and my timing is even worse. Me and my singing, just the two of us, will be together forever in the car, no further.

No big stage. No big deal.

But not being able to run because of a pulled muscle. This is a hard pill for me to swallow.

I was high on life when I was putting on the miles. This may be a stretch, but I can't remember being happier...the true, physical sense of accomplishment and a goal to shoot for! Not to mention all the wonderful endorphins pumping through my body....

I will not be running the 10 miler at the end of May :(
At this time I physically can't even run 3.

Everyone's comments, encouragement and advise have kept me as positive as I can be. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So this is my new plan. I will not even try to run for the next 2 or 3 weeks. And starting Monday I will try that elliptical thing at the gym.

My hope is to heal completely and start training all over again...
I am not giving up on the half marathon in August.

2 comments:

  1. it is so nice to hear your determination and i so hope you heal quickly and can make the August run. i am happy to have found your beautiful blog. thank you for being such an incredible inspiration! i think i need to try singing one more time :)

    xoxo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the best decision for now. I pulled a muscle in my ankle when I first started running long distances. I did a ten mile and then a half marathon on back to back weekends and it was too much for my body to handle. I had to go to therapy because it hurt to even stand. I feel your frustration! But it was during that time that I couldn't run (for about 12 weeks) that I discovered power yoga! Take comfort that you will run again.. but for now dive into something else that might bring you the same excitement :)

    ReplyDelete