Running Club


My sister was out for a visit a few weeks ago and what conspired - out of all our talking about getting in shape, reaching goals, turning a new leaf on life - was that we would run the Rock and Roll marathon in AZ. My sister, a non-runner, would run the half and I would run the full and qualify for Boston.

That was exhausting just typing that.

Well, my sister is off to a fantastic start and has made it over the 5 mile hump. She even started a blog - runlisagrun.blogspot.com. She's pretty funny too.

Me, well, that is a different story. I could run the half with her, but I will need to take a pass on the full mainly because I don't have the energy and drive to train knowing there is absolutely no chance I could qualify for Boston. How many full marathons will I ever run? At this point aim high, right?

I think it's time to join a running club.

Now, the Chicago Marathon 2011 is definitely in reach. And yesterday I got the push from a friend to run it together. Very exciting! That gives me something huge to look forward to and time to knock a minute or two off my mile time to qualify for Boston :) Yikes.

Goals are good.

1 comment:

  1. Man what I would give to run a full marathon!!! I hope that one day my knees let me (haha). Good luck, you can do it! I'm following your sis's blog now too. I love hearing about other runner's adventures!

    ReplyDelete