Running Log

Last week: 5 miles

I always forget that it isn't the end of the world if I have a running injury. It isn't the end of my running career, either (I have big plans as a runner). I have been nursing a very tender heel that began with plantar faciitus. Ouch, and another Ouch. You know! If you have ever had it, let's have one more Ouch! That and achilles tendinosis, right?

Well, I ran two Tuesday's ago, having tons of pain in my heel afterwards.

Hobble around, rest, rest, rest.

Then three days straight on my feet at lolla.

Ran last Tuesday, pushed to get 3 miles. I gave birth to 2 kids without drugs, but I could not go one more mile on that heel. 

Hobble around, rest, rest, rest.

So, this week I'm walking around feeling like a dude, wearing running shoes with everything. A summer dress...running shoes on my feet.

Comfort and healing before fashion (I have big plans as a runner).

RFM is running 12 miles this Saturday, training for a half marathon on Labor Day. I'm running that race too, but this weekend I'm resting. Ugh. I wish I were running with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment