Running Log

Day 4 - Monday's Run:
4.5 miles
53 minutes
11:40 mile average

I know how to run outside, but it is just so darn cold that when my contacts almost froze to my eyeballs, I thought it best to put my gym membership to use and learn how to run on the treadmill (is it even called that anymore?). What I learned about myself running in place at a programed speed is that I
can eventually let go and I cannot look around. Eyes straight ahead, fixed on the screen, a graphic of a dot that is me, moving very slowly around a track. No looking at the girl next to me to see her mph, no looking at my ipod or I will simply loose my balance and fall off! So glamorous. What I did love was the accurate account for my distance and speed.

It is official. I signed up for my first race scheduled for mid March, an 8k (5 miles in case you didn't know like I didn't know). My ultimate goal is a 10 mile race in May...I am not committing to a full marathon just yet :)

2 comments:

  1. i ran a 1/2 marathon in october and took a little too much "time off" since then. i started running again this week, training for a full marathon in may. yikes. i may have bitten off a little more than i can chew! the 1/2 was fun and very enjoyable - but 26 miles certainly seems like a tall order. why can't there be a 3/4 marathon?? :-)
    good luck with your training....i remember you as an AWESOME runner - i bet you are closer to that marathon than you think!

    happy new year!
    lynne s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO FOR IT GIRL.
    I have a tread mill you can purchase or rent. Cancel your membership and send me the dues toward the treadmill.
    D

    ReplyDelete