Peace of Mind


[photo credit: maireclaire]


Saturday: 8 miles

Sunday: 3 miles

Monday: Rest

I never thought I would be back up to 8 miles! According to the half marathon training schedule I am loosely following - loosely, because I seem to need an extra rest day here and there - Saturday should be a 9 miler. And once again I am looking forward to another long run.

I am in a place where I don't feel like doing much other than running.

These days I feel as though running is the only thing I am doing well, otherwise everything else seems scattered, pieced together, squeezed in a time slot. We are on the brink of school ending and summer break beginning, maybe that is bringing on this feeling.

Running is giving me a great deal of inner peace. The last few runs have been without music. Just the sound of my shoes hitting the ground...

Our friend just returned from Paris and described it as magical. I guess running is my magical place for now.


3 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear you're back on your feet!

    I'll leave you with a Paris idea...the Paris Marathon is also 'magical'. It's held in April and goes by all the wonderful sights in the city - starting at the Arc de Triomphe.

    Map for inspiration:
    http://www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2010/us/r1_carte.html

    Next year, it wil be 10 years since I ran it... I might just have talked myself into an excuse to shape up and visit Paris again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a thought! Running a marathon in Paris...

    ReplyDelete