Running Log

Wow! So much to show and tell....
I left you hanging with that last post.

We went on vacation.

I will have to leave you hanging again with the vacation details and lots o' photos. I will be working on that this weekend for Monday...

First things first.

Last week: 30.2 total miles

My coach, Lisa, I feel comfortable enough calling her "my coach"...she is awesome, she emails me my running workouts for the week...kicked my butt! Speed workouts. Did I mention, I mentioned to her, I wanted to qualify for Boston and she didn't laugh at me. Now, I think she is secretly training me for Boston. These speed workouts: "do this and that and if that is too slow....do this..."

Did I mention I love a challenge?

Wednesday's speed workout was this:
(I apologize if you are not a runner and this is so blah, blah, blah...)

3 miles

okay, no prob.

first mile warm up/regular pace.
then 4 half miles increasing speed from 8:50, 8:40, 8:30, 7:50 pace.

okay.

well, I was getting a tiny bit (fill in descriptive here) that my first 1/2 mile pace was 8:55.
and then 8:43.
next 8:34.
then 8:06.

I was a little off. It was a challenge. My legs would not move as I was wishing them to.

The idea was to gain speed as you go and not lose it. End strong.

See? Wouldn't you agree she's secretly training me for Boston :)

BTW Boston changed its qualifying times this year. I now need to run 26.2 miles in 3hrs. 45 mins, 5 minutes faster than before (unless I wait until next year...one benefit of turning a year older).

Anyway, at this point, I hope to finish the Chicago Marathon strong. Or just plain ol' finish the darn race.

Oh yeah...I am really ready for some new music!

Suggestions?

I will leave you with some older Jack Johnson that I stubbled upon tonight:

There is no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
And no song that I could sing, but I can try for your heart
Our dreams and they are made out of real things
Like a shoebox of photographs with sepia-toned loving
Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart, like
Why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together

Mmm, always better when we're together
Yeh, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Well it's always better when we're together
Yeh, it's always better when we're together

All of these moments just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone when the morning light sings
Or brings new things for tomorrow night you see
They'll be gone too, to many things I have to do
But follow these dreams might find their way into my day to day scene
I'd be under the impression, I was somewhere in between
With only two, just me and you, not so many things we got to do
Or places we got to be, we'll sit beneath the mango tree now

Yeh, so always better when we're together
Mmm, we're somewhere in between together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeh, always better when we're together

I believe in memories they look so,
So pretty when I sleep
And when I wake up you look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time
And there is no, no song I could sing
And there is no combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing
We're better together


1 comment:

  1. The blog is very beautiful. There is lots of memories of a beautiful vacation which is very nicely presented. Thanks!!!
    India has always been considered as the wildlife enthusiasts from all over the globe with its fascinating uncounted of flora and fauna that has remained both unique and mysterious for nature lovers. The varied specious wildlife species can be seen in over 80 national parks India, 440 wildlife sanctuaries India and 23 tiger reserves in India set up by the Government of India in a bid to preserve this vital resource. For more info visit at-
    wildlifeindiaguide.com

    ReplyDelete