Running Log

Last week: 20 miles total

Ahh...running...I love running. But last night was cold, rainy, damp. I was meeting my group at 6pm. I dreaded getting ready.
I was warm and comfy in jeans and layered shirts and did not feel like putting on the dry-fit gear. Plus I was having a good hair day...

I did it though. Changed, met my group, ran a 4 mile speed workout. (1 mile warm up then every 2 minutes alternated fast/moderate pace)

A speaker was at the running store when we got back and I stayed to hear him speak. The topic was living the dream and how to reach your goals.

Charlie Kern. World Masters Champion in the 1500 at age 41 ! He talked a little about serendipity. And each day, you don't know who you are going to meet. For the past 8 months or so I have come to live in the moment and trust that I am right where I am supposed to be...Well, I was meant to be there last night and meet him.

He talked about
enthusiasm, commitment, preparation, companionship, and believing. If you live life with these 5 basic things, your dreams will come to you.

Your dream is not an endpoint, it's ongoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment