Running Log





There are 6 weeks left before the marathon.


Tomorrow I will be running 20 miles.


I plan to run at a strong, easy pace.


I met another marathoner yesterday. Runners love to talk about running. I love that we love to talk about running. He loaned me a book, Daniels' Running Formula by Jack Daniels (the author, not the drink) which was interesting to look up workout intensities. So exciting to talk to another runner. We were instantly BFFs.


Now I can calculate my VDOT....I didn't know what that was either.


It's the way of "determining training intensity based on current race performance." VDOT refers to the rate at which oxygen is consumed...


Psst...what just flew over my head?


All I know is that when I was anemic, my muscles were gasping for oxygen.


Now then, the running formula contains a table to "determine one’s VDOT based on times in various race distances. From there, you can determine appropriate paces for various workouts."


This is why I have a coach.


And that explains why I ran a tempo workout on Wednesday, 3 miles with the goal of a 7:30 pace.


Jack Daniels' ingredients for success (not whiskey) is inherent ability, motivation, opportunity, and direction.


Run strong, all you runners. Have a great weekend!






ps-that isn't me in the above photo, pretty close though (he-he :)




No comments:

Post a Comment