Another Long Run

Yeesh!

I had forgotten about this part of the training where your miles go up, and up, and up.

Last week: 36 total miles
Listening to: Scissor Sister - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (this song is a big pick-me-up)
Saturday: 18 miles - 13 degrees

This is my die hard running group ! (minus 3 to 4 other key die hards).


Saturday morning was cold but at least sunny which makes a huge difference.

Thankfully I had a friend to run with and that also makes a huge difference. Mr. Burpee is a trainer in the city and hands down the most physically fit person I know. Amazing. He has run two marathons, but when we were at mile 16 (2 to go) he happened to mention he did not run more than 12 miles in training. What!? Incredible drive.

We stayed together and pushed through the miles. If is wasn't for Mr. Burpee, I would have struggled with keeping a decent pace (8:34). I do have some work to do though, if my goal is to run an average 7:50 pace in Boston.

RFM was in Ft. Lauderdale running a half marathon. Another sub-2 hour half, under his running belt. Great job RFM, cheers!


Happy training!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks RFK! Support from you, the group and Coach Lisa is wonderful. It really makes running fun!! Continued success for your Boston training!!! RFM

    ReplyDelete