Good Words - Set Another Goal Quote


You would think after four years, running would have gotten easier, right? Lately, I run low mileage at an easy pace, every few days and my hamstring continues to hurt daily - run or no run. I had a wonderful restorative compression message with Arnica, which helped for a few days.

When I first started running I remember people talking about how miserable a pulled hamstring is. I thought, I hope I never get that! But here I am.

Runners have set backs. Training isn't a linear path. Ups and downs.

Setting new goals, whether it's 15 extra seconds of a plank or drinking another glass of water - do you know how hard it is to get into the habit of drinking half your body weight in ounces of water? - something to strive for,  is a positive measure of accomplishment.

Recovery from this crazy, annoying, hamstring pull will take time. I just need to be patient and not focus on the injury, until I can gradually get back to where I left off (before Boston, ugh). So I'm changing up my goals!

And you're never too old to do that.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment