Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon Chicago


213 days ago I set a goal to run a half marathon.

On January 1st I started training. And yesterday, I accomplished what I set out to do with a strong finish to boot.

13.1 miles at 2:27:09


[Starting line at 5 am]


[ashley, rachel, me]

The three of us were laughing as we walked down Michigan Avenue at 5 am, that it felt like we were off to have a baby - the oddness of the hour, not where we should be (like in bed!), the strange readiness but nervousness, uncertain of what to expect...

[ashley, me, jim at mile 4.5]

Time to stop for a photo. What a great feeling to spot Matt, Annie and Noah smiling and cheering (looking fresh and unsweaty). Later, they caught up with us with less then a 1/4 of a mile left. Matt and the kids actually ran with us for a tiny bit. Loved seeing them, a tremendous boost.


[matt & me post race]


[kids at the eye]


[my oh-so-thoughtful neighbor/best "phone" friend and her kids decorated our front door]

Thanks to my family and friends and fellow bloggers for all their encouragement and support!


3 comments:

  1. What A GIGANTIC and terrific accomplishment Karyn!!
    And all that support? Makes all the bumps along the way well worth every effort!

    ReplyDelete