Running Log

Last week: 42 total miles

I have been ramping up my mileage in preparation for the marathon on April 28th.

Last Saturday I ran 22 miles! And this Saturday I am scheduled to go 20....(the following week comes the taper).

After feeling great, maintaining a consistent pace during practice and keeping up to speed with the track workouts, I had a mental picture in my head of how this next marathon might turn out which made me smile.

But, for the first time in almost 2 years, I am sick! A horrible cough has come over me and I was unable to run with my group last night, not to mention I had to miss our after practice group get together for beers!

I'm not going to look at this as a set back, but use it as little recovery time...

It couldn't be more true that you don't know how you will do until the day of the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment