Jerk Shrimp Stir-fry from Runner's World Cookbook

Carbs and protein for recovery. Nothing better!
This recipe, from the Runner's World Cookbook, was delicious.


1 pound peeled shrimp
2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
1 tablespoon oil
1 thinly sliced sweet potato
1 15-ounce can drained black beans
3 sliced garlic cloves
1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
2 sliced scallions (I used a few chopped onions instead)
1/4 cup orange juice

In a large bowl, toss 1 pound peeled shrimp and 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning. Heat wok over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and the shrimp. Cook until it turns pink, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add 1 thinly sliced sweet potato. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in one 15-ounce can drained black beans, 3 sliced garlic cloves, 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper, and 2 sliced scallions. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and 1/4 cup orange juice. Heat 30 seconds. Serve garnished with cilantro.

Here is the recipe and link:
http://recipes.runnersworld.com/Recipe/jerk-shrimp-stir-fry.aspx

I really do need to leave the food photography to the food photographers and food stylists - so do most blogs. There is some beautiful amateur food photography out there, a definite art that is taken for granted, that's for sure. So, I'll try to leave it to the pros! Hence, there is not a photo of the finished dish. Without the proper lighting, my photo could not do this yummy dish justice.

You will have to take my word for it. (Or look here :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karyn! I've always wanted to order this cookbook. I think my boys would love these recipes.
    Looks like your running times are very close to mine. Now I have another blog to read!

    ReplyDelete