Running Log

Last week: 22 total miles


Week of aug 1st: 31.6 total miles


Thank goodness this past week was a "rest" week. I truly needed it. My longest distance was 8 miles (at a 8:53 pace, my energy is coming back).


The week prior, my long run was 16 miles. I did it!


Not without pain, though. At mile 14, my knee started hurting. Walked a bit. Then ran slow. It worked itself out...just a little stress behind the knee cap...ugh.


In my mind any teeny bit of knee discomfort = knee surgery, but I'm learning this isn't necessarily true. No worries.


Ice and Motrin and I have become reacquainted.


Anyway...on that 16 mile run, which took me 2 towns west, I came across thee cutest little lunch/ice cream place...Dips & Dogs in Hinsdale.


I'm almost positive it used to be an old gas station...






So I just had to take the kids there....




Turkey sandwich.




Slice of pizza. (coming right up...)




And.....




...a Chicago Dog, of course!




Yum!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing so awesome!!! Wish I had you around to motivate me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete