Running Log

My friend and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon way back when and have been training independently.

So I was surprised when he said he doesn't run when it's over 80 degrees.

It has been over 80 for the last 2 weeks!

Was he yanking my chain?

I asked, what if it's 92 degrees on race day?

And he said he was staying in bed.

I was waiting for the "LOL", because that's funny coming from someone training for a marathon, but no.

Really? Is this true?

Ok, I get it. If you haven't trained properly and you know your body is not up to it, then by all means don't do it. You have to listen to your own body.

But, his comment made me realize our heads may not be in the same game.

I'm in a sweet spot and Darn! he may not be there too.

A marathon is not for everyone. Training is not always easy. It hurts. It tires you out. It can take up lots of time. It takes discipline you didn't know you had. T
he night before a run, y
ou may not be able to drink as many beers as you would like. And you could lose a toenail or two.

I started running to get in shape, and now I found as I increase the miles, I'm learning a lot about myself as a person.

I have never experienced 16 miles, and have realized I may not have the companionship for the marathon that I thought I would. That is something to get my head around, I will just need to dig deeper.

That's where I'm going tomorrow morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment