Running Log

Last week: 4 total miles :(

Well, it wasn't the end of the world that I couldn't run for over a week. I benched myself in hopes that my foot would heal. While I was so impatiently waiting, I worked on my core — the main support for my entire body.

My foot was 90% free of pain when I walked. Yay!

So yesterday I took my foot out for a spin and put my core to good use in sustaining my posture and form. I felt so strong. My average pace for 4 miles was under 8 minutes!

But today, I am hobbling around again. Ice, ibuprofen. Ugh. Too soon? Too much?

Like I said, I have big plans as a runner :) I have goals that I will share with you after I get over this minor setback, because at this point they seem outrageous.

Truly more exciting news, is that my daughter will be running an intersquad race tomorrow. She has been running all summer. Her goal is to run varsity. Annie told me their average pace for a 4 mile tempo road run was around 7 minutes!

I can't even tell you how thrilling this is for me. Yes, I'm one of those moms. So it's important to balance enthusiasm with aloofness as not to embarrass. It is a fine art that I will be practicing this Cross Country season.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment