Running Log

(The Vampire Weekend concert was fantastic!)

I have returned from my peaceful little break in Arizona. Unpacked my running gear that I did not use because of my (expletive) pulled leg muscle. We did go hiking which was amazing.

So yesterday, after a week long rest (and a week rest prior), I took my leg for a spin....

Day ??= Thursday's Run:
3 miles

...just okay, sucking wind, leg not bad, but not fully recovered like I had hoped.


Today's Run:
3 miles (about a 9:30 mile avg.)

...horrible. I am icing my leg once again. And the kicker is that I feel the onset of tendonitis on my right heel.

Needless to say, I am very discouraged. If I wasn't so mad about this set back I would probably cry. I just want to run.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're injured. The best thing is to let things heal before hitting the road again. I know, it's hard and frustrating... One thing that helped me maintain running fitness a while back when I was hurt was aqua jogging. If you have access to a pool at the gym, give it a try.

    Trifuel has a good article on it:

    http://www.trifuel.com/training/workouts/aqua-jogging

    ReplyDelete