Running Log

Last week: 15.5 total miles


Didn't think I would make Saturday's long run.

Usually on Saturday mornings, I like to drink a pot of coffee in my pjs until the afternoon, especially when it's 14 degrees outside.

I bundled up and went to meet my group arriving, seriously, 3 minutes late and they had already taken off. Really. I get it. Who wants to wait around and freeze their butts off in running tights?

Another running buddy showed up late as well. I will call him Tall Paul to protect his identity. His name obviously is not Paul, but he is obviously tall.

Tall Paul was running 6, I was running 7. So we started off together.

One more thing about Tall Paul, besides being tall, is that I could be his mother or his Mrs. Robinson.

Wait that was something about me not him...whatever...he's young and he just needed to get a few things off his chest...

Not even 0.67 miles into the long run he tells me he wants his first race ever to be a half marathon because he would love to send his ex his finishing time.

(let me say, it would be a pretty fast time, because had we not both arrived late at the same time, we would not be running together, he is always at the head of the pack, this is the first time I am talking to him besides "hi")

They dated for 4 years and he was ready to propose but she broke up with him for another guy! And all the other single girls he meets have issues and that is why they are single.

Holy smokes! The whole story was so good that 7 miles felt like 3. And not once did I think about how cold it was.

The mom in me came up with some words of wisdom for my young running buddy with the broken heart.

My heart goes out to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment