Running Log

Winter Running-Training for a Spring Marathon:



Last week: 18 total miles


Boy, it's dark and cold out there in the morning.


Boy, it's dark and cold out there at night.


It's that time of year when it takes tons of motivation to hit the road and just do it


Tuesday was the first day of our Winter Training program. It is officially 1 year that I have been running with Lisa, coach extraordinaire


Her group is just great! 


A group like this is what it takes to get you running through the winter. On the streets, on the trails...Bah to treadmill running. As Lisa, coach extraordinaire, says, there is no such thing as bad weather if you have the right clothes.


I swear by Nike Combat wear.
Smartwool socks. (I love the thick ones)
Under Armor hat and gloves.
Although, I got the cutest Smartwool hat for Christmas. It is orange and plum, reversible. I'll give you the report on how it work in 15 degree temps. So far it is perfect!


I came across a $140 Nike windbreaker for $40 at TJMaxx that I don't know how I have been living without! It keeps you warm and blocks the wind completely (as a $140 windbreaker should).


Don't you love a good bargain.


Anyhoo...to keep motivated through the winter, it is good to have a goal...let's say, something to train for, like a spring race.


So, yes, I have signed up for another marathon!


April 28th.



1 comment:

  1. Wow...you are awesome! You are definitely giving me some motivation. I love TJ max!! That's where I got my running rain jacket.

    ReplyDelete