Taper — 2 Weeks Until Boston


So, not a good idea to peruse through these books on my nightstand before going to sleep. Especially when I am tapering. The work is in. I'm not going to get faster or better or gain more endurance in the next 2 weeks. Follow through with the workouts remaining and trust myself to do my best.


Thank goodness I read this article on runnersworld.com.

"Some runners tend to doubt their ability to finish their goal race during this time period but looking back at your training log can give you confidence in how far you’ve come in your training."

The last two marathons I ran 3:39. When I started training for Boston, my coach asked what are my goals. I said to qualify for Boston again. She reminded me that the official qualifying time for my age group is 3:55. Hmmm. So then my thinking was to train to be able to keep an 8:00-8:30 pace.

My weekly miles are low compared to other training programs. This is basically how I trained last year and had a wonderful marathon experience, despite the horrific bombing.

Training once again, I didn't want to get injured or run myself into the ground. These goals I have met.

My goal race is to finish strong. To be able to look around and take it all it. This is going to be an amazing race this year. I am very fortunate to be a part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment