Running Log



Last week: 15 total miles

We were talking Saturday after our 3 mile run, and RFM looked down and picked a four leaf clover.

Then, within 30 seconds, he found another one.

I have never seen a real live four leaf clover in my life, and there I was holding two.

Double the luck!!

Last weekend, we ran a 5k, the third annual Run For Hope in Downers Grove, Illinois, for Batton disease.

And this weekend we are running another local 5k for Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation.

Double 5k's!

Last Sunday's race was tough.

It was 80+ degrees and humid. My stomach was upset and I had been exhausted from having a two day garage sale (which may be my last garage sale ever). I thought I would take it easy this one, until my coach said in all her confidence in me, I would finish first or second for the women...

Game on.

I finished 9th overall, 3rd for the women, 2nd in my age group. I met Jennifer who finished ahead of me. Our kids are in the same grades, in the same classes! I think I found a running friend. Love that!

This Saturday's race will be a lot tougher.

More people, more competitive and as the weather is showing more hot and humid.

I am physically ready to run, all I need to do now is get mentally ready.

Did I mention I love a challenge?

Game on.


No comments:

Post a Comment