Run Done . . .

My sister sent me the best care package right before I went to Boston. So many fun things from goneforarun.com

Banner (which my kids wrote my name on and is actually how I spotted them in the crowd)tattoo, t-shirt, 

cowbell . . .

So, my family was at mile 17 in which they had to plan how to get there, stood cheek to cheek, squished on the T, they had to time where to be to actually see me run past according to my start time and estimated pace, they had to have in hand the sign and the cowbell . . .

As I was approaching, but we had not spotted each other yet, my daughter dropped the cowbell and she and my mom bent down to pick it up. . . at the exact moment I ran past . . . and they missed me!

It was nice to see them again at mile 25 (and they all saw me :)


And a wine glass . . .

As you may know, when you're "in training" you only consume stuff that will help you reach your ultimate potential and stay away from the stuff that is empty calories that your body does not need.

This wine glass couldn't be more appropriate!

So, as I write this blog, I'm having a glass of wine.

I have been doing some easy runs with my group this past week — so good to meet them and just run.

I'm rested and ready to think about some races coming up . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment