Change of Pace


Last week: 17 total miles
Saturday: 12 miles

It took everything not to run this week. I had to push the self appointed guilt out of my head and not run.

What, you say?? Not run?!

As you know I've had a laundry list of ups and downs since April. I'm giving myself an A for effort — pushing through some miserable runs and getting it done. The passion was zapped away by the frustration that was building inside me from one crummy-feeling run after another. I asked myself, why am I doing this?

So a few weeks ago when my kids told me we eat dinner too late, I knew I needed to make some changes. My kids bicker and give each other a hard time about stuff that each complains about, but this time they were in full agreement which made me take notice. We usually eat dinner as a family and by the time I get home from work, run and make dinner it's 7:30.

I made a menu of dinners, shopped and cooked dinner each night. We've been eating by 6:30 and have so much time the rest of the night. 

I've been walking the dog. It feels so laid back, unhurried.

Saturday, I ran 12 miles (with hills!) and felt great. Rested, fresh. It's been a while since I've enjoyed running.

And yesterday, I went for a bike ride!

The last two weeks have been a reality check, a reset of my routine as I know it. More changes to come :)

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment